Thursday, October 2, 2008

GREEN ANGEL

Green Angel is produced "exclusively" for the Heidelberg distillery in Germany.

This Absinth is delicious when shot, very bitter when louched with sugar and water ... with sugar. I prefer to shoot this and it may taste really good in a sipping pipe. However, when it's mixed with water, it dilutes slightly. The sweetness thins out and the bitter is allowed to shine.

This absinth doesn't contain a lot of alcohol. I think it's only 50 proof, which also strenghtens it's shot-ablilty. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not the amount of alcohol that makes a good absinth. Too much alcohol simply drowns out the flavors leaving you with a burned throat, coughing and needing to breath. Then, you get those shot shivers.

In the end, I highly recommend this absinth. If I were to give it stars or something, it'd be 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: