Thursday, August 28, 2008

ABSINTH ABTSHOF 66


Absinth Abtshof 66, produced in the Abtshof Distillery in Germany is said to be the first German distillery to produce absinth after the ban was lifted. This fine absinth reflects it. The flavor seems rushed. Although it is considerably mild, shooting this absinth is recommended. The lower alcohol content prevents the deep burn after a shot, which allows you to admire it's light licorice taste and sweeter aftertaste.

I ordered the half liter bottle and decided to order a smaller 0.2 liter bottle, thinking it was a "mini" bottle I could save for my collection. I was quite wrong, it was much larger. It bottle was also numbered. So, I'm under the influence that it is a limited number and therefor a collectors item. But, it's a rather large number.

No comments: